Sunday, November 4, 2007

Catch Up

I haven't had the chance to satisfy my blogging urge for a while, so I have a bit of catching up to do. I want to post some pictures of our Halloween experience, but I don't have them yet. Our camera is too big for my purse, so I didn't bring it Wednesday evening. We went trick-or-treating with Dave's brother and family, which was a ton of fun. Katie took some pictures with her camera, so when I get those from her, I will post them. I'm going to ask for a purse-sized camera for Christmas so that I can take advantage of all the good photo ops that come along. :) In the meantime, I will post some of the other stuff that's been going on with us.
Naomi's first tooth broke through this last week, which is exciting. She's been drolling (not too badly, which is nice), and chewing on EVERYTHING! She normally chews a ton, but for the past two or three weeks she's kicked it up a notch. The first one to come was the bottom right, and she's working on the one right next to it now too. She's been a little cranky at nap time because of it, so I'll be glad when they're both through. Then I guess we'll be on to the next ones. Hopefully, since she'll be used to the feeling of it all, they won't be as uncomfortable for her. Now that she has something interesting to mess around with in her mouth, Naomi's also started making some more fun noises. I can hear some different sounds coming out, and she's started babbling, and making conversation noises. It's a lot of fun to watch her learn and grow. She's gotten a lot more interactive in the last week or so.
She is still perfectly content to sit and let Mommy bring her toys to her. :) She's not crawling yet, or even rolling around. Well, I shouldn't say she's content about it - I think she's getting upset with not being as mobile as she would like, but she hasn't showed any interest in crawling or anything. She's perfectly capable of rolling over and pushing up, but hates being on her tummy. If I put her down on her tummy with a toy in front of her, she will try and push herself forward with her toes, but gets frustrated in a minute and will just roll over. It will probably all just click for her one day, and then she'll be off. There are pros and cons to the situation. I don't have to worry about her getting into things while I'm not watching, but she would be having more fun if she could move around. I'm sure when she is crawling, I will be wishing she was back to her stationary state. :)
She is totally adorable, and her whole entire face lights up when she smiles. We were singing Primary songs tonight as a family, and she was having a blast. She loves music, and people, and being with her family. She loves it when just about anyone pays attention to her. She will stare at someone, until they look at her, and then give them her biggest smile when they finally look at her. It definitely gets people to smile and play with her. I guess she already knows how to work it!

1 comment:

  1. naomi has a gorgeous smile and she's got those bright christopher eyes:) she's got a tooth now-thats cooL! i'm guessing cali won't get one until she is 11 months old(thats how aubrey and ella were anyways-late bloomers:) we'll see... isn't this age just so fun? their little personalities are starting to show so much and they are so fun to play with and watch. i love it!

    ReplyDelete