Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dinosaurs Alive!

We went to the Heard Museum yesterday for their annual dinosaur exhibit. They have a bunch of dinosaur models that are about human-size along a walking trail. They were scaled down a lot from what the size they were thought to be, which definitely put into perspective how huge they were. The dinosaurs made sounds and moved their arms and stuff, which was pretty neat. There is a place you can stand and look out at a couple of the dinosaurs, which I thought was a neat way to see how it might have been.
We went with Jonathan and Katie, and I think everyone had a good time. It was a gorgeous day at about 73* (I think it got close to 80* in the afternoon), and it was fabulous to just be outside. I think I've been deprived of the outdoors this summer, while it's been so hot. I haven't wanted to take Naomi outside while she was so little, and it was so hot. So this nice weather is GREAT! I love oxygen. :)
Christopher reacted to the dinosaurs exactly how I thought he would. Not scared at all; totally excited, and slightly hyper about the whole thing. I don't have a ton of great pictures of us along the trail, simply because he wouldn't stay put for long enough. He was too excited to see what was around the corner. Here are the ones I did get.

The T-Rex totally startled Naomi with it's roar

There were two stationary dinosaurs for the kids to climb on


One of the trails - Isn't it gorgeous?


The kiddos and their daddies

I guess this dinosaur would actually be 3-4 times bigger

2 comments:

  1. it was pretty cool, wasn't it? and the weather made it a perfect day for us and i'm sure for you guys too seeing as that the past two weekends have been awesome weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to take the boys there. I know they would love it. It looks like you guys had a fun day. I love the picture of Christopher sitting on the dinosaur. So cute!

    ReplyDelete