Monday, October 1, 2007

Christopher's birthday

Christopher turned three yesterday. I can't believe it's already been three years since he was born. Time has flown, and I love being his mommy. He's a great kid, with a lot of energy. He's very social, and loving. Sometimes, without prompting, he will come up to me and say, "You're the best mommy in the whooole world. I love you". It just makes my heart melt. I love him! We had a party for him on Saturday, and invited his friends. He had a blast playing in the water outside, and having a picnic with his friends. He loved his presents, and it seems like he felt very special. We gave him our presents, and the ones from his Ouma and Oupa yesterday. A tradition in my family is that you get to pick the dinner you want for your birthday, and he choose lasagna. So we had lasagna and leftover salad from the party (there were a lot of leftovers!). And, of course, birthday cupcakes and ice cream. I have to say that the icing was the best I've ever made. I creamed the butter first, before adding the icing sugar, which made a big difference. We've had a fun couple of days, for sure!








6 comments:

  1. Great party! We all love little Christopher! He is such a genuinely sweet and precious little boy and I'm not just saying that because we're friends:) He has a very special spirit. Glad he had such a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't you just love the mud splattered look my girls are sportin? :) its an eyesore in all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, it just means they had fun! It's the mark of a good birthday party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inviting us to Christopher's b-day party. The boys had a fun time. I am glad he had a fun b-day! Those cupcakes were really good. I stole a little bit from the boys cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes were especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun and cute looking party! :D hope you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete