Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy (late) Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  What a great day to remember our moms, and how much they've done for us, and also to get a little lovin ourselves!  Aren't moms the best?
My mom is so loving and supportive.  There have been lots of times (even as a "grown-up") that Mom could fix whatever was wrong - just a hug and a smile, or a listening ear, and she could make everything right again.  She's so smart, and is always learning and trying new things.  I really love you, and look up to you, Mom!  I hope I can be like you when I grow up! :)
I've also gotten the opportunity to call a new woman, "Mom".  My mother-in-law, Stella is also a great example to me of a wonderful mom.  She has taught David so many wonderful things, and I know he is the wonderful man and husband because of the way she has taught and raised him.  I love our chats together, and how she has welcomed me, with open arms, into their family. I love you!
It's kind of crazy to me that I am also celebrating being a mom on Mother's day.  I look at my beautiful, precious children, and I am amazed that I have been blessed and entrusted with their care.  It's nice to have a day to recognize the things that I do.  I love being a mom, and wouldn't trade it for anything!  I'm glad I have such wonderful examples, both in my family, and the women around me.  I try to learn from and emulate all the good qualities I see.  Happy Mother's day!

This is the picture Christopher drew for me for Mother's Day.  It's a big monster eating two little monsters.  (Dave did the writing :D)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sarah! Hope you had a good day yesterday. I love Christopher's drawing. I just love when Dax draws me pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Sarah,that was wonderful to hear this morning. I love you too and you are an amazing Mother. Christopher and Naomi are blessed to be in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- Happy Mother's Day. You seem like such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had an awesome mother's day. i LOVE that picture christopher drew, LOVE it. i can just picture him giving it to you with his big smile and explaining what it is all excitedlly. i love that he drew monsters eating each other monsters. hilarious! definitely something to keep forever.

    ReplyDelete