Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hair-dos

I love my Google Reader!  I get all the blogs I read, that have new posts, showing up on my home page.  This handy little device has saved my blogging career!  Now I don't have to go to every blog to see if there's anything new for me to read.  I just open my browser, and there they are!  Very slick.  Anyway, the point of all that is that I just found a new blog to read through my Google Reader.  It gives recommendations, and I go and look through every once in a while to see what there is.  So, I guess while it saves me time, it also fuels the internet surfing addiction.  Oh well, I try and justify it by reading blogs that will hopefully make me a better person, wife, mom, homemaker, etc. (I included the et-cetera since I'm sure there are a lot more descriptions I could add to that list, and probably will as I add more blogs :D).  The best part of blogging, for me anyway, is keeping up with friends and getting a chance to be a part of their lives.  I think it's a great way to keep friendships alive.

I digress.  Google Reader.  I found a new blog this morning - all about hair.  It's called Hair Today, and it got me thinking, about hair of course.  I'm never very good about doing my hair.  I'm pretty much a dry and go kind of gal.  And when I've got a newborn (or not a whole lot of time), I'm a pull-it-into-a-wet-ponytail kind of gal.  I am currently in serious need of a cut, and since you guys were so great about helping me choose pictures, I thought I'd ask for your advice.  What kind of cut should I get?  Trim? Bob? A-line?  Layers?  Short?  Keep growing it long?  Should I color it?  Highlights?  So many choices!  (See my previous post to see how I feel about choices.)  What do you think?

Another thing the blog got me thinking about was Naomi's hair.  Hers is very fine (like mine), but there seems to be a lot of it (like mine), and it is also slightly curly at the ends (not at all like mine!).  It always looks kind of ratty, since all the little baby layers are growing out.  Maybe I should trim the back up so it's all one length.  I think what I need to do is start styling it now, so she just gets used to it.  Then, hopefully, she won't protest (as much) when she's three and we have to do something with it.  Plus, I love little girls with styled hair.  So, if you have little girls, what do you do with their hair?  Any suggestions for me?  

In my hair post, I should add that Christopher "does" his hair everyday.  He wants to look "cool" and spends about 15-30 minutes every day wetting a comb and combing his hair.  After his nap, it's back to total bed-head, but he sure is style-conscious.  He also knows exactly which clothes he wants to wear.  I rarely have to remind him to match his pants and shirt - he does it all on his own!  I don't know where he gets it from.  I'd much rather be in comfy clothes than even jeans.  Must be Dave. :)

p.s.  i don't have any pictures for this post.  i guess i'm too lazy to go find a cute picture of a bow or hairclip or something.  sorry. :)

6 comments:

  1. i couldn't live without google reader! i was turned on to it last year by a friend and with all the blogs i like to check into, it is a MUST! i also love the recommendations. i found the hair today blog a litle while ago too. man, that lady is good! its pretty crazy how she has that over the door shoe holder as a hair clip/accesory organizer and has it divided by color. not crazy in a bad way, just crazy. seriously, i may have to do that! with 3 girls in the house, our hair accesory organization is basically a mess right now. its two baskets of junk! my favorite thing lately is headbands for the girls. i don't always have a lot of time and they are cute and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove google reader! How funny that Christopher likes to spend time on his hair. Dax has a hard time if I try to wet down his hair. He has to have a towel by his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sarah, I have two little girls. My oldest was born with more hair than even I knew what to do with. She's had a clip or a bow in it nearly everday since she was 4 days old because it was so long it was hanging in her eyes!!! Her hair definetly has some curl to it and LOTS of body. So when her baby layers started to grow out I trimmed it all to one length and have pretty much keep it just below her shoulders since then. We live in the South and I pretty much am certain I was meant to be here with all the poofy dresses and big hair bows. We NEVER go out in public without a bow. Anyway... My second daughter was born with almost NO hair and is just now (at 15 months) at the point where she is getting some curl in the back, but none in the front (poor thing) So I'm afraid for the day when she will need a bow. I think a fight is brewing. I do, however, "style" her hair every night after bath and every morning. Just some detangler stuff and alot of promping. I want her to be used to it. SO... in summary, yes you should play with it alot now so she'll be used to it and as far as trimming goes... I don't think you can hurt it (it will grow back if you don't like it) or you may discover a cute "bob" for her that you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay when it comes to girl's hair. My girls are totally different. Kendall had no hair for a long time and I never could do anything. To this day I still have a hard time letting me do it, but it is cut shoulder length, no bangs, and we will do ponytails, pig tails, half up/down, I can curl hers under too. Peyton has always had hair. Always in the front it was longer then the back. I always did small barrettes, the big bows and headbands never went well with my girls. Peyton also has curls in the back but I refuse to cut it. I didn't cut Kendall's hair until a few months ago and she is 4 (she had a trim at like 18 mo, but wasn't much to cut). This comment is getting long :) You do what you like. I think small barrettes or alligator clips are great to put in the top and show a little girlie thrill. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have no suggestions for little girl hair...maybe someday...
    My advice for your hair is that just the other day i was thinking i wanted mine to look like yours! I think highlights are so much fun, but once you start the coloring/highlighting path you can never return because it's addictive. I think you would look good with an A-line with some highlights. You'll have to take a nice before and after picture with whatever you decide to do so we can see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DON"T TOUCH YOUR HAIR. I was just noticing in your pictures how adorable it is. I love the color and the length. if you do something different, i'm sure it will still be beautiful, but i love it how it is.

    ReplyDelete