Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crafting Fun

So I thought I'd do a little blogging while I'm waiting for the next load of laundry to finish drying.  I guess I have succumbed to the blogging addiction. :)  I was doing a little babysitting this morning, and actually planned ahead!  To keep the kids occupied and entertained, we did a little craft together.  I got these cute ideas from a site called Kids Craft Weekly, which I love, love!  The projects are just up my alley - quick and easy prep, and nothing spectacular expected from the kiddos - just fun creativity.  Most of the projects even use things you would have around your house.  Bonus! 
These ones that we did today are flowers in flower pots.  The "flowers" are made from pipe cleaners, muffin holder thingies (I'm sure there's a proper name for them, but I don't know it), and cotton balls.  For the "flower pots" we put construction paper over the cups, and then the kids decorated them.  We filled the cups with rocks (the site has a lot of different ideas on what you could use to fill the pots, and really, we could have gotten a whole lot more creative if "we" (read children) had the patience!), and then inserted our flowers.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  The best part for the kids was finding the rocks outside.  Luckily it stopped raining for long enough for us to go on a rock-finding expedition.  :)
Well, that's the dryer.  Wish me luck with the laundry!

3 comments:

  1. I love kids craft weekly. I agree they have some cute ideas that are easy and fun for kids to do. The flower pots turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking cups dear. :) (This from the girl that has used her oven 4x since August!) You're so crafty and just an amazing mom! You seem so grown up compared to me and my wild single life (hehehehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea! i love EASY stuff-this is the perfect little project. thanks for the idea. my girls will love it.

    ReplyDelete