Thursday, July 31, 2008

stockyards

Saturday, we took a trip out to Fort Worth to get a little bit of authentic Texas experience.  We went to the Stockyards, and had a blast.  We saw the daily cattle drive, and then the parade afterwards.  Christopher was so excited to see all the cows in the parade, but then a little confused when we had to tell him that they were actually horses.  He apparently needs to get out of the city a little more often.

After the parade, we took a look around at all the fun shops.  I was so excited to find my very own cowgirl hat.  I don't wear hats very often, but this one might just make it out in public on my head every once in a while.  Dave also found one, but in a little more Indiana Jones style.  He looks pretty adventurous in it!  Christopher convinced us that he needed one too, and wore his all day long.  He wanted to wear it to the pool, but we convinced him that it might get ruined.  I really wanted to find something for Naomi, since she is the only one of us actually born in Texas, but didn't this trip.  I'm going to keep my eyes peeled, though.
We only made it to about half of what there was to do, but by about 3:00 we had all had enough of the heat!  There were also some museums and other attractions to look at that we didn't make it to, but we sure did have fun with what we made it to.
(courtesy of here)

Until next time, ya'll!

7 comments:

  1. We have taken the boys to the Stockyards a few times. Dax loves to see the long horns walk down the street. I want to see a picture of you in your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun! I love that y'all got hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like you had fun. That cowboy hat is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We out there one time for a rodeo and didn't get to see it in the daylight- that looks like a lot of fun. Maybe when the weather cools a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have lived here 7 years now and still haven't been. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stinkin' fun!!! I love that you've all got the hats too... what a fun memory! I bet you look AWESOME in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool place. we'll have to check it out-when it cools down. this heat is killin me!

    ReplyDelete