Sunday, July 27, 2008

naomi's first haircut

I know I've been blogging about hair a lot lately, but here's one more post, and then I'm done for a while.  Promise. :)  

I had finally had enough of Naomi's hair, so I trimmed up the back.  It was getting pretty long and wispy and ratty.  So, while I wait for the top to grow long enough to catch up to the back, I figured I'd keep it trim and tidy.  She did pretty well.  I sat her in her chair, wet her hair with a spray bottle, and went for it with the scissors.  It came out a little shorter than I was planning, but hey, it was my first time!  All in all, I think it's pretty cute.  I hope her curls keep coming in, even though I had to cut them off.

she's such a busy girl - this is one of the best shots I could get of her hair

the carnage :)  i gave her snacks to keep her entertained, but most everything ended up on the floor in the hair.  i had to be very careful where i put the scissors.

the final product

6 comments:

  1. good job sarah! its cute! you are brave. i have this thing where i can't cut my kids baby hair until they are like 5! my hands just can't do it:) and with cali, i won't be having to worry about a trim for quite some time....seeing as that she barely has any hair! poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little wiggle monsters. It's like we have 2 seconds to get it done. Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! I'm not even brave enough to cut my boys hair. I just take them to great clips. I'm afraid I would make their hair uneven. It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are sooo brave! I am paranoid about cutting Paisley hair in the back even though it is getting a bit crazy. She is the same without the top catching up to the rest, but I am thinking her curls won't come back so I leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from a hairstylist. GOOD JOB! It looks pretty even which is really hard to do on a little one. You got talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard enough time brushing Paige's hair, I can't even imagine cutting it! You did do a great job!

    ReplyDelete