Saturday, July 19, 2008

six years!


Apparently, according to wikopedia anyway, the gift for the sixth wedding anniversary is supposed to be iron.  I have never really understood that whole thing, I mean, how unromantic is iron??  I guess I could open my mind to the possibilities, and get a little creative.  I know you're not supposed to actually give iron, but something made with iron.  Since we already celebrated (and spent all our allocated funds :D), I don't have to worry about it this year.

Anyway...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DAVE!  We had a really fun day today.  We got up early to clean the house and get it show-ready, since we had a showing today.  Then packed snacks and drinks, swimsuits, and towels and headed over to Hawaiian Falls to spend the day.  We had such a great time!  It was great to spend time together as a family, and just relax and have fun.  The only thing we worried about was how often to reapply the sunscreen, which apparently, wasn't enough.  Neither Christopher or Naomi got burnt, thankfully, but Dave got a little pink, and the back of my legs are nice and red.  Who thinks to put sunscreen on the back of their legs?  People who are smarter than I am. :)  We hung out in the wave pool, went down all the water slides the kids were big enough for (multiple times, of course), and rode the lazy river.  Jon and Katie were even nice enough to let Dave and I go down one while they watched the kids.  Thanks!  An extra nice benefit was how easy it was to get the kids to bed tonight.  Nice and sleepy.

Dave is spending the evening watching some fight.  All I know is that it's a big deal - big enough to schedule a guy's night, which must mean it's pretty important.  Aren't I a good wife?  A guy's night on our anniversary.  I should play this one up for a while, don't you think? :)  It's actually the other way around.  Dave is always so supportive and excited for me to get to spend time with my pals, and he hardly ever gets to hang out with the guys.  So, happy anniversary honey!  Go have some fun!  (Not at all meant to be sarcastic!)

15 comments:

  1. You guys are super cute! Happy Anniversary! I hope everything goes well with your house up for sale. I'll be sad to see you go even though we don't see each other often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow 6 years! time sure does go fast doesn't it! congrats on everything and glad you had a great day. We still need the whole selling the house story ps.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Matt had a fight guys night on our anniversary too. Funny thing is I love the UFC fights if that is what Dave went to. I watched it too. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! Cute picture! Sounds like you guys had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, happy 6 years! sounds like a nice day :)
    Also, where are you guys moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! And you are way nice to let him have a guys night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm back from my trip(aren't you totally excited?) :) so, now i'm back to bloggin.

    wow, you are a good wife sarah! :) happy anniversary to you both! that pic of you guys is so CUTE! you were a beautiful bride(and you haven't changed much at all). sounds like you had fun at hawaiian falls-we'll have to check out that place one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! 6 years is a major accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. obviously I need to be better about my blog reading...and keep up...I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SATURDAY WAS YOUR ANNIVERSARY AND HE WAS HERE WATCHING THOSE FIGHTS! we totally should have camped out at Katie's like she suggested and caught up on some chick flix!
    happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, great picture of the two of you- and you can't even see the the orange streaks in your hair! Sounds like a great day playing in the sun. We should have a blogging party at Hawaiian Falls, an all day blogging party-huh, huh- wouldn't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's crazy. I didn't know you got married right after me. I always thought It was a couple years later. Anyway Happy Anniversary. I wish you the best and hope you guys had a great one. We are going on 7 in March. Crazy huh? Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy late Anniversary. I don't think I told you on the actual day. Six years. Pretty awesome. Hawaiian Falls was so much fun. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy late anniversary! Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks everyone! jennalee - i totally would have been all over that, but the kids and i were totally beat that night. it was probably good just to have some time to relax :)
    kate - we're moving back to cali. come and visit us sometime! that goes for everyone!
    jennifer - we totally need to hang out more often! life sure does get away from me sometimes
    chelsea - there's not really too much of a story - most of dave's clients are out in california, so it seems the logical place to be. we'll have to see how things go, though - we haven't had too many showings yet
    leslie - you're AWESOME! i'm not that cool :)
    holly - yay, you're back!
    laurel - thanks! how are things going with the house?
    wendy - i'm totally there!
    kathleen - 7 years! congrats! time does fly

    ReplyDelete