Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New Calling

So, for the past few months I have been doing Activity Days in our ward. I totally love that calling. The girls (I had the 8-9 year olds) are so excited to be there. They love anything you do with them, and are so innocent. It's only twice a month, and there's nothing to do on Sundays. Oh, and no meetings. :) I guess I couldn't have it so easy for long. I was just thinking last week how nice it is to be in Relief Society, and was wondering how long it could last. Not long. So, my new calling is...drum roll, please...Mia Maid advisor. Yup, Young Women's. It will be fun, even if it is more work. I'll be teaching the Sunday lesson on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. Next week is Stake Conference, though, and then I'm heading to Washington for two weeks, so I won't have to teach until the 23rd of September. I'll be going to, and helping plan mutual as well. That will mean that Dave has to be home by 6:30 on Wednesday nights. Yikes! Another thing to add to our schedule. I'm excited to get to know the other leaders better, and the girls too. It will be nice to have some more social interaction on a regular basis. I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. I bet that calling will be fun! I've never been called to YW but always thought it would be cool.
    I just got another calling today-Joey and I are on the activities committee now. Should be fun-I like to help with planning activites so I don't mind at all! So, now I'm a librarian that plans parties:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. You guys will be great on activities committee, and what a cool librarian you are! :) I've been in YW before, and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being at home by 6:30pm is going to be rough. lol. No jokes though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be great with the Young Women. They are so lucky to have you. I got to spend some time with the girls in the 4th ward at Girls camp this year. They are good group of girls. You will enjoy being with them.

    ReplyDelete