Thursday, February 12, 2009

enjoying the moments


Our power started going in and out this afternoon.  It probably wouldn't have been an issue, except that with all of the things to plug in, in our home office, we have a surge protector box.  The box didn't like the power fluctuations, and produced a loud beep every 30 seconds.  We thought there was something wrong with the box at first, but realized it was more than that when all the lights in the house started flickering.  By the way, we don't leave all the lights in the house on - we just noticed the flickering on the ones that were on.  :)  

Okay, getting to the point of this post... The flickering lights were giving us all headaches, so we had a candlelight dinner.  Nothing fancy, just a few candles, so we could see what we were eating, without getting migraines.  Christopher thought this was pretty neat, and said, "this is a really fun party Mom!"  I love how my kids help me remember to enjoy the fun moments of life.  I hadn't been enjoying the moments today, but his comment helped me remember what is really important - my family, and enjoying the time I get to spend with them!  We had a really fun party tonight!

6 comments:

  1. great thoughts sarah. good thing we have these children to remind us of whats important sometimes! i can totally picture christopher saying that:) such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree kids to help us to enjoy the fun moments in life. I love how they enjoy the simple things in life. love that picture of Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher is the life of the party so he should recognize when you are having one :0) Do you remember the time we roasted hot dogs over the wood stove when the power was out? That is one of my favorite memories.-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are so good at making a bad thing, really a good thing. Got to love them for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Christmas pictures! In one of the pictures, Christopher looks sooooo much like Dave! What cute kids! Hope you guys had a fabulous Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris sure is cute. Always making funny faces and crazy noises.

    ReplyDelete