Monday, December 10, 2007

Early Christmas Present

We like video games around here.  I should actually say that Dave and Christopher like video games around here.  I think I would like them more if I was any good at them.  I can master the ones with only one or two buttons to push, but anything more than that is beyond me.  We had the original Nintendo growing up, and my brothers were always so irritated with me when I tried to play.  "Moving the controller doesn't help any, Sarah!".  
I decided to work through my video game deficiencies, however, and agreed that a Wii would be a fun thing to have.  So, we ordered one online (they are impossible to find) as an early Christmas present for ourselves.  And, I have to say that I'm hooked.  It only took me a couple of tries to get the controls down (I'm still not as good as Dave at the controls, but that's to be expected!), and the games are actually quite fun.  I even beat Dave at some of them.  Christopher is also having a blast, because he can play them too.  I like that it gets us up and moving, and interacting with each other.  So, HAH Jeff and Todd - now moving the controller does do something! :)

No, we're not playing on Sunday. :)  Dave got a new calling as an early morning Seminary teacher, so he has to wear a white shirt and tie to class.  This is on a weekday in the morning after class.

4 comments:

  1. You didn't tell us that Dave is actually teaching seminary!! That is wonderful. How is the schedule working out? I'm jealous of your game system. I want one but don't know if we would actually use it. No one around here is really into video games but the Wii system looks like fun. What do you think? Would it be a good fit for us? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the Wii, but it looks like a lot of fun. What a fun early Christmas present. The picture of Christopher and Dave playing a game together is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys would have a lot of fun with it, Mom. You would have fun too. I think Dad would even get into it. For sure Amy and Todd. It's perfect too, cause you can have 4 remotes going. Family bonding, ahhh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my family(my bros) have it and we have had a lot of fun playing it over there. bowling and tennis were my faves. are your arms still sore? mine were for a couple of days after! it gives you a good workout! we want one too!

    ReplyDelete