Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tornado Alley

I guess it's kind of ironic that my last post was about loving thunderstorms, and last night we got woken up to the tornado sirens at 4 a.m.  Nice!  We actually woke up to the crazy storm a little while before the sirens actually went off.  So, that's a good thing that we weren't startled out of sleep by the siren.  Maybe we're bad parents, but we didn't get the kids up out of bed.  We looked at the doppler and turned on the tv to the news.  The warning actually expired about 5 minutes after the sirens went off, so I'm glad I didn't wake up the kids.  I was very glad that we don't have any trees near the upstairs windows (or the downstairs ones for that matter), or we might have had branches through them.  We didn't even lose power, but I know a lot of neighborhoods did.  The town just south of had some really bad damage.   Check out the Bergen's blog (a friend of a friend) to see pictures.  So, I'm grateful we are all safe and sound, even if we did loose a little bit of sleep. :)

5 comments:

  1. if we had been up for awhile and following the weather we wouldn't have woken up our girls either. we actually woke up about 2 minutes before the sirens went off. there was a loud crash of thunder that woke joey and i, he got up and looked out the window and said, "this doesn't look good" and then not a minute later the sirens went off. we hadn't been watching the weather(in the past few hours)so we had no idea where there may be a tornado and didn't want to waste the time going downstairs and leaving the kids up to go and see so we grabbed them and went downstairs to the bathroom. joey turned on his laptop while we were in there and then we saw that the warning was expiring in 10 minutes. so at least we didn't have to wait down there long. so, yeah, a lot more panic at our house:) you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is scarey! You guys be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure that was huh?! We woke the kids up too, but it would have been nice to let them sleep. Luckily they went back to bed right after, I was worried about the baby not falling asleep but she did-yea! Pretty scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy morning! Why did it have to be at 4 a.m? Luckily the boys went right back to sleep. I'm glad that Mckinney got rain and not severe wind like Allen and Plano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought is was the end of the world or something. Makes me realize I need to seriously look at my 72 hours kits.

    ReplyDelete