Saturday, September 1, 2007

We made it!

So, I made it all the way to Washington with both kids still intact. :) I got the kids up at 6:00 a.m. to make it to the airport on time. We made it through security and onto the first plane pretty easily. I fed Naomi her breakfast while we were waiting to board, so that was handy to have a minute to do that. Christopher was good on the plane - he did get restless for the last 20 minutes of each flight. I Spy kept him occupied, though. :) Naomi was cranky and very tired. They're both such good kids. It took us a while to get the carseats installed in my mom's car, and they both waited so patiently while we worked on them. I think they were just glad to be off the plane and have some space. It was nice to fly into the Bellingham airport rather than Seattle. We recuperated and got adjusted to the time zone yesterday. Christopher is having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa and Amy. We took the kids in the stroller and went for a good walk up this hills this morning. It was freezing! Kind of crazy to come from our Texas heat (even though it hasn't been too hot)to northern Washington weather. We bundled the kids up, and I had to run out and back to keep myself warm. Good exercise, I guess. We're off to the lake and park this afternoon for a picnic. Should be good fun. Here are some pics from this morning.

Christopher playing outside


















Amy and Naomi

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys are having a fun time at your parents. Grandparents are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures. Glad you guys are having fun so far and that you made it safely. I'm guessing Amy is your sister? She looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, we are having fun. Thanks, you guys! Amy is my sister. She got the long legs, though. :) Christopher is having a blast having so much attention, and they all love holding Naomi. How's life down there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hangin in there. Joey is out of town, AGAIN. This time for work. He basically got home from NY and then had to leave to New Orleans one day later. Suck! He gets back Friday night though. I'm ready for him to be home already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so stinky to be away from the hubby for so long! I'm missing Dave, and I've got my family here to keep me company! I wish I was there to hang out with you! Hopefully Friday comes quickly.

    ReplyDelete